Friday, November 18, 2011

Can i use a facial toner to clean my Makeup Brushes?

i mean my brushes are pretty expensive ,from guerlain...all of them and one HUGE botan brush from nars....and i dont wanna realy invest in a pro brush cleanser -.- ..idk why





so i have a loreal face toner which i dont really use anymor...so can i just clean my brushes with it???|||You should not experiment with your brushes, as you say they are expensive. I have used several things for cleaning brushes but all of them brush cleaners is the best but the other ways of cleaning were also good. You can use baby shampoo for this , they are cheaper. You can use your hair conditioner too for this purpose. Olive oil can also be used for this purpose and its really a good idea.


Sprinkle some olive oi on your brush and gently rub them on a paper towel until it is clean. This really works|||Baby shampoo works awesome for that. Ive got some pretty expensive brushes and have used baby shampoo and it works GREAT! Toners/Astringents have alcohol in them and those are ingredients that are drying. After washing blot (do not rub dry) with a clean dry towel or washcloth etc and let them air dry.|||I wouldn't really go with that because the alcohol in the toner would make them kind of dry. Baby shampoo is definitely perfect if you want something gentle that will still clean them though. I use a brush cleaner from a craft store and it works absolutely beautifully for all of my brushes. Good luck!|||I use a bit of moisturizing shampoo.





I just put a dab in my palm, wet the brush, swirl it around in my palm, rinse them really well, squeeze out the excess water, and lay them flat on a towel to dry.|||i wouldnt use facial toner, its too harsh on the brushes. especially if you have expensive brushes. try johnsons baby shampoo, its the only thing i use on mine and it keeps them soft and uncontaminated|||A better way to make your own bruh cleaner is to mix some olive oil with some dish soap (the kind for washing dishes) and that does a great job of cleaning them!

No comments:

Post a Comment