Friday, November 18, 2011

How does one pronounce GUERLAIN?

Comme c'est ecrit!





Ok, now I stopped being a smart *** and I edited my response because none of the other answers are properly providing advice (sorry guys) for the pronunciation of Guerlain. The French 'ain' sound is not one English speakers are used to because it's a nasal sound, the same as in "un", not found in the English phonetic alphabet. I truly recommend that, if you want to pronounce it right, you ask a French native to pronounce it for you. I believe there are also some online dictionaries that will read words you have looked up and you can hear the 'ain' sound that way by looking up the following French words: 'main', 'pain', 'demain', etc.|||gue~~~%26gt; as guess


r


la~~~%26gt; as land


in~~~%26gt; as inside.|||It's French. The "ai" is prounounced with a short "a" vowel sound. Oh, and easy on that "n". It should be silent or barely audible. So it's really "ger-lah".|||You say it like "gair-lan" with the stress on the second syllable.|||My husband wears Vetiver and when I smell it on him I want to molest him!!!





OK, now that I've calmed down, Guerlain is pronounced ger-LAHN. At least that's the way I've always pronounced it and heard it pronounced.

No comments:

Post a Comment