Friday, November 18, 2011

Guerlain Parure Extreme vs. Chanel Mat Lumiere vs. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk?

I am currently looking to purchase a high end foundation. I have done a little bit of research, and the Guerlain Parure Extreme, Chanel Mat Lumiere, and Armani Luminous Silk are three that I am considering. I have seen them on several beauty blogs, with positive reviews and gorgeous reviews. Has any one tried any of these and which one would you recommend?











(I have oily/combination skin)











Also- this may be a silly question but would they give me samples of these foundations at the makeup counters in Nordstrom? I usually don't go to makeup counters very often because I always get suckered into buying more than I need, lol. In these case I would though because I need to get color matched anyway!|||I have used both Giorgio Armani and Chanel and out of those I would definetly use Chanel if your looking for staying power.





I have tested pretty much all the Chanel foundations and out of their 3 most popular: matt, pro and vitalumiere and all of them are superb. Most natural yet best coverage foundations I have used.


If your young or have fairly good skin I would suggest using pro lumiere instead of Matt, but if you have oily skin or maybe a few blemishes you need to cover then Matt is great. I use Matt in the winter purely because it stays put all day regardless of the weather and I use Pro in Summer as it looks glowing and great in pictures.





A good Chanel makeup artists will offer you a sample before buying and they usually give you a good amount. Dont be afraid to ask for a sample, its alot of money to be paying out for a foundation so dont feel pressured to splash the cash straight away.





Happy Buying :)

No comments:

Post a Comment